Ethics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethics

Philo 171

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

“But the right is more precious than peace, and we shall fight for the things which we have always carried nearest our hearts.” -Woodrow Wilson "My Five Wishes"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nicha

“But the right is more precious than peace, and we shall fight for the things which we have always carried nearest our hearts.” -Woodrow Wilson "My Five Wishes" Empty
PostSubject: “But the right is more precious than peace, and we shall fight for the things which we have always carried nearest our hearts.” -Woodrow Wilson "My Five Wishes"   “But the right is more precious than peace, and we shall fight for the things which we have always carried nearest our hearts.” -Woodrow Wilson "My Five Wishes" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:11 am

1. Health care representative – The person I want to make decisions for me:
I've always been a person who, at times, is independent but a part of who I am now I owe to the persons who have influenced me directly or indirectly. Time passes so fast. One minute you're happy and one minute you're sad. Life is uncertain.

I case something happens, my family will decide on which doctor or which hospital. They know what's best for me.

I am assigning Loisa Patricia Pacalioga as my health care representative. By then, she may have gone somewhere practicing her profession. I want my family to search for her in case she's not here in our country. Why her? Simply because she's the closest friend I ever had and she's into medical stuffs. I know she'll have a good assessment in case of 'end-of-life' situation.

2. Living will – The kind of treatment I want and do not want:
In case of a coma or PVS – give me one week: Give me that time to fight for my life. I want my family or other persons to talk to me even if I'm unconscious. Just talk to me. Visit me as long as you have the time. Pray for me. My health care proxy will know what to do if there is no progress in my condition within one week.

For organ donation – I would only donate my organs to my family, relatives and close friends for transplantation.

I would accept blood from anyone as long as the blood is certified clean and safe.

In case of terminal illness and there are no signs of winning the battle, let me go. I would allow terminal sedation in hopeless cases.

3. How comfortable do I want to be:

I want a room comfortable enough for ten to twelve persons. Yes, I want my hospital room to be filled with no less than four persons a day. Cry, laugh, play games, do whatever you want to do but be sure you're not disturbing the other rooms. Your presence is the most important thing to me.

4. How I want people to treat me:
I want gender-sensitive doctors/nurses. If possible, I want my family to plan a trip with me. Besides studying in a premier university, I think traveling is the second most exciting thing to do in this world. It doesn't matter if at that time I can't move or whatsoever, as long as I'm in another place with the persons I love. I may put a little burden on your shoulders with that wish, but (please) we must go out together before I leave this world. It's you who will decide where to take me.

5. What I want my family to know and last wishes:
I want my family to know that my journey with them is amazing and I would never trade all of my memories with them for something else. I would want them to always have a sincere heart as they all create their own journeys. I want them to go for what their hearts desire as long as they are not offending anybody. I strongly advice everyone else to be good persons and to be at all times respectful.

I'll spend my last days organizing my things. I want my things to be properly kept when I'm gone. If possible,there should be one spacious room (arranged in a nice way) for all of my things (clothes, books, photographs, exam results, past grades, drawings, etc.). I want my belongings to be preserved so the next generation will have the chance to see it.

I want my casket to be open. You have to see me lying peacefully there;) Dress me in a Filipiniana attire. I want a band singing my favorite songs every night. Again, cry, laugh, do whatever you want. Your presence is the most important thing to me.

Bury me in the place where I first opened my eyes. I need to be there. Besides being a good citizen in that place, my remains will be the only legacy I could ever give to that bitter sweet town in the north.

[b][u]
Back to top Go down

“But the right is more precious than peace, and we shall fight for the things which we have always carried nearest our hearts.” -Woodrow Wilson "My Five Wishes"
Page 1 of 1