Ethics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethics

Philo 171

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

5 wishes post

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abala

5 wishes post Empty
PostSubject: 5 wishes post   5 wishes post Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:09 am

I think I want my mother or my Kuya to make care decisions for me when I can’t. I think they would be the two people who will be strong enough to make these decisions for me. Other than that, my Kuya is a studying to become a doctor. So, I trust my brother enough to understand whatever medical condition I’d be in. They are the two people I trust most to make decisions for me.
I’m not really sure what kind of medical treatment I want or do not want. I guess I’d want to be put on life support if there is a good chance I’d recover. If not, then I don’t think I’d like to prolong my life.
I’m not sure too how comfortable I want to be. I guess I’d want to get the best possible medical care. Other than that, I don’t know how else I want to have or be.
I guess the automatic responses of people when they find out that someone they know is dying is pity and sadness. I think I’d be fine if people treat me that way because I’d probably be really sad too that I’d be leaving my friends and family. But I want people to remember me for whatever part it is that I played in their lives. I know that they’d think of the medical condition that I’d be in or that I’d fought. But in the end, I don’t want that to be the main thing that people associate with who I am.
Finally, I’d want my loved ones to know my medical condition from me. I’d tell them the basic information. And of course, a doctor would supplement the information that I’d tell my family and friends.
Back to top Go down

5 wishes post
Page 1 of 1